Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Two More Days......To WAIT!!

Seems like we've been doing a lot of waiting this last year. Wait for home study approval. Wait for USCIS approval. Wait for dossier to tour the world while gathering signatures. Wait for trip to meet our daughter. Wait for court proceedings. Wait 30 days after court to schedule trip #2. And now we wait again, this time we're waiting for our visas. Travel is scheduled for Friday, May 2nd, so needless to say, this wait is making me a little nervous. It's funny how you get a little lift just when you need one. It's really not funny, I realize it's a God-thing! But, Sunday at church, my son handed me a piece of paper that had these words typed on it: "Someone once shared with me that waiting is part of walking with God. One of the commentaries had an acrostic to help us continue to do what God would want us to do in our seemingly hopeless situations. Here it is. W - Worship God, A - Accept God's timing, I - Impact others, and T - Trust God. WAIT.......WAIT........WAIT. Oooh.....yes, I've wasted time waiting (and worrying) when I could have been really WAITing according to the acrostic.

I'm so excited about what's to come. Real life changes and abundant blessings are in store for our family and I'm ready.......I just hope the boys are ready. My prayer is that God is preparing their hearts and there'll be complete acceptance of their sister. So, for now, we wait, only this time we WAIT the right way!
(But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31)

7 comments:

Mala said...

I'm so happy for you all!!!! I can not wait until that precious girl comes home!
Safe travels!

Lisa Brotherton said...

Melody,
I will be praying for the vissas to arrive!
Godspeed,
"WAIT"ing with you!
Lisa

Hilary Marquis said...

Melody,

I'll be WAITing with you as well. Have a safe trip and please give that little angel a hug from us and Anara! Looking forward to pictures ;)

Monica said...

Best wishes to you for safe and easy travels to get your daughter!
:)
Monica

janiece said...

YEAH!!!I'm so excited for you!

Maria said...

What a beautiful way to look at the WAIT. I may have to "borrow" that for my blog. Praying for safe travels and a wonderful homecoming!!

Anonymous said...

Safe travel to you all. Jyly can't wait to see new pictures of your little angel with her brothers. She will tell her that brothers are great. Hurry home!

WorldTimeServer Clock

Tokmok